Monday, December 11, 2006

It's been too long....

I haven't posted in a long time
and I think it's because Parkdale is
slowly closing in on me. It's getting smaller.
I love that I can walk to work, and my girlfriend
lives just a few blocks away, but it feels like my
world is shrinking. Bloor St used to seem far north
to me but now I rarely cross Queen St.

I just found this: www.rentometer.com
and it turns out I pay slightly more rent
than other people around the area.
But still compared to the rest of Toronto....


^photos by Phirleh
(an all-around talent)

Inukshuks by me

3 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

Nice Inukshuks!

The proximity of everything you need is so close, then why leave?
I think this goes for any hood really. When I lived at college and bathurst everything I needed was in a 2 block radius too. I thought going down to queen or dundas was far!
Parkdale rocks.
Maybe take day trips out of the hood, like to the zoo, science center, rom, harbourfront for a change of scenery?

9:45 a.m.  
Blogger MyParkdale said...

I'm not thinking about leaving, but I always feel the walls close in on me at the start of winter. I need a calender for 2007 soI can put a big 'X' on every day untill I get my motorcycle out of storage.

yes... Parkdale does rock!

9:52 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha- I pay less than the norm for our hood. Awesome!

And yeah! Nice Inukshuks!

I wish there were a couple more things within walking distance... a nice fresh food market, for example... and a book store... but alas- those types of things aren't really in high demand in Parkdale.

I do love Parkdale though- the rent is cheap (for me at least), and I do think the hood is "up and coming".

11:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home